Introduction to Sport, Exercise and Health
This course aims to introduce students to the sport and exercise sciences. The course will educate students on a variety of topics that encompass the sport and exercise sciences disciplines (psychology, biomechanics, performance analysis, physiology, nutrition, sport injury and rehabilitation, health and physical activity and coaching).
The course will start August 22 2022 and will run for 2 weeks.
Course outline: (daily delivery):
- Introduction to sport, exercise and health.
- Inactivity crisis. - How exercise physiology is used for clinical populations.
- Introduction to sport and exercise psychology.
- How interventions are used to support athletes.
- Biomechanics- Knowing how we move to improve performance.
- Tactical analysis and reporting within a Rugby Union setting.
- The ups and downs of football management.
- Tactical trends within football.
- Strength and conditioning: training for sport and exercise.
- Introduction to sport injury and rehabilitation.
- Preparing for competition, a graduate sport rehabilitator perspective.
- Growth and maturation considerations in football player development.
- Using specific sports as drivers for increasing physical activity.
- Introduction to nutrition for sport and exercise.
- Ergogenic aids in sport: the good, the bad and the ugly.
Specific timeframes: Students are to watch the online delivery of the above topics each day. Each recording will be released daily on the course dates.
Engagement: The course is fully online and will be delivered 100% online.
The course is £50.00