This course is designed to enable you to increase your confidence as you take the next step in Education… whether you are returning to study after a period away, just about to start at University or thinking about taking a professional or part time course, this course will enable you:
- Research and find information from a range of sources.
- Improve your presentation skills.
- Prepare for a higher level of study.
- Improve and enhance your it skills.
- Build your confidence so you can achieve your potential.
The course will run over three days 09:30 - 03.30 p.m. on the following dates:-
31st July 2017
1st August 2017
7th August 2017
By the end of the module learners will be able to:
- Locate, evaluate and use information from a variety of sources.
- Demonstrate the need for clarity and coherence in the presentation of views.
- Adopt appropriate styles of academic writing and presentation at HE level.
- Give a presentation using conventions for citing and referencing sources.
For anyone who:
- Is transitioning between level 3 and 4.
- Is starting University in September 2017 (regardless of University).
- Is thinking about starting a PT or professional course but is not 100% sure due to low qualifications.
- Anyone who has already applied to University but need to increase their entry grades.