This course is designed to enable you to increase your confidence as you take the next step in Education… whether you are returning to study after a period away, just about to start at University or thinking about taking a professional or part time course, this course will enable you:
- Research and find information from a range of sources.
- Improve your presentation skills.
- Prepare for a higher level of study.
- Improve and enhance your it skills.
- Build your confidence so you can achieve your potential.
The course will run 2.5 hours per week for 6 weeks starting on the following dates:
Wednesday 11th October 2017
Monday 10th January 2018
Monday 11th April 2018
Monday 13th June 2018
By the end of the module learners will be able to:
- Locate, evaluate and use information from a variety of sources
- Demonstrate the need for clarity and coherence in the presentation of views
- Adopt appropriate styles of academic writing and presentation at HE level
- Give a presentation using conventions for citing and referencing sources
- Is transitioning between level 3 and 4
- Is starting University in September 2017 (regardless of University)
- Is thinking about starting a PT or professional course but is not 100% sure due to low qualifications
- Anyone who has already applied to University but need to increase their entry grades